AEROFLOW OUTLAW NITRO FUNNY CARS / 400 THUNDER SPORTSMAN DRAG RACING SERIES – AUGUST 3 & 4, 2018
The Aeroflow Outlaw Nitro Funny Cars are coming to Springmount Raceway on August 4! Come and see these ground-pounding 4,000 horsepower machines as they accelerate to speeds of up to 400km/h down the quarter mile! This year will also include a ‘pit party’ with activities for the kids and a meet and greet with the Nitro Funny Car drivers!
This event combines Round 1 of the 2018/19 400 Thunder Sportsman Drag Racing Series, giving local competitors an opportunity to race for the coveted gold and silver Christmas Tree trophies which are only available at 400 Thunder rounds. This event, being part of a national series, is sure to attract competitors from far and wide so will ensure plenty of exciting on-track action along-side the awesome field of Nitro Funny Cars!
Food, bar and camping available. Test session on Friday night (August 3) with full event on Saturday August 4.
Event details are as follows (note that some times may be subject to change so check back for updates):
Competitor/camping gates open 2pm – 9pm Friday & 8am Saturday
Scrutineering from 4pm – 6pm Friday & 9am – 11am Saturday
Spectator gates open 10am Saturday (Spectators also welcome on Friday but access will be through the competitor/camping gates)
Test session from 6pm – 9pm Friday
Qualifying/racing starts 11:30am Saturday
Nitro Funny Cars ‘pit party’ at 3pm and Nitro racing at 4pm, 6pm and 8pm
Spectators (Saturday only) – $40 adult non-member, $30 adult member, $10 child (5-15), free for children under 5, $90 family (2 adults + 2 children)
Spectators (Friday and Saturday) – $50 adult non-member, $40 adult member, $15 child (5-15), free for children under 5, $115 family (2 adults + 2 children)
Competitor – Friday and Saturday (non member) – $170
Competitor – Friday and Saturday (member) – $150
Competitor – Saturday-only (non member) – $120
Competitor – Saturday-only (member) – $100
Junior Dragster – Friday and Saturday – $100
Junior Dragster – Saturday-only – $70
Pit crew (non member) – $20 (limits apply based on bracket)
Pit crew (member) – $10 (limits apply based on bracket)
Camping – Free for entrants, pit crew and spectator members, $10 per person for all others (one or both nights)
*Pit crew and camping passes to be purchased on the gate.*
Brackets & Prize Money
Street – open to all street cars that don’t comply with Super Street rules (i.e. that either run 13 seconds or slower or run quicker than 13 seconds but don’t run a muffler). *Note that the Street bracket is not part of the national series so competitors will win a alternative trophy (not a gold or silver Christmas Tree). – $100/$50
Super Street – class for street cars with dial-in of 10.00 – 12.99 seconds. Must have muffler fitted and cannot have delay box. – $200/$100
Super Sedan – class for sedan-based vehicles with dial-in of 8.50 – 10.99 seconds. Can have open exhaust and delay box. – $300/$150
Modified – class for dragsters, altereds and hot rods. Any dial-in. – $300/$150
Top Sportsman – class for sedan-based vehicles with dial-in of 8.99 or quicker. – $300/$150
Modified Bike – class for all street or race bikes. Any dial-in. – $200/$100
Competition Bike – class for race bikes running on index system (competitors who usually run in Comp Bike at Springmount Rounds should just enter Modified Bike if they wish to stick to dial-your-own racing). – $300/$150
Junior Dragster (as per Australian IHRA rules) – $100/$50
Test & Tune / Race Ya Mate – no structured racing and no limits on vehicles. – $N/A
– Brackets will be dependant upon entries and may not be run where insufficient entries are received.
– Please contact us if you are unsure which bracket you should be entering.
– Racing will be run with 3 qualifying rounds and then eliminations, meaning that if you lose a round you are out. If you win, you advance to the next round until the finals are reached.
– A test session will be held on Friday night for anyone who wishes to enter it. A Test & Tune / Race Ya Mate bracket will also be run on Saturday with all of the other racing brackets for those not wanting to compete in dial-your-own racing. Note below that the price is the same to enter the Test & Tune / Race Ya Mate given that there are no eliminations so you are likely to get more runs in than those competing who have the chance of being eliminated.
– There is no option available to only race Friday night. You either race Friday and Saturday or Saturday only.
– Entries close midnight on Monday 30 July.
Bar and food available
BYO allowed in camping area only (not in licensed areas)
Additional Competitor Information
Nominate your car or bike below. See notes above regarding the options and racing format.
- 400 Thunder Sportsman Round
August 3, 2018 - August 4, 2018
2:00 pm - 8:30 pm